Thursday 16 July 2009

Day 8-Going Home

We were all so excited to be going home. Despite getting little sleep the previous night, I felt very awake as I was so excited. We had to check out by 12am, midday. We'd packed the majority of our stuff the day before so it didn't take us long to get all our shit together, I knew my suitcase weight would be fine as the max was 15KG and mine weighted a mere 8KG on the way here! Compared to my friends...that was crazy light! I dunno how they packed so much stuff...

I was sorting out breakfast but as I poured out the milk it was obvious it had gone off. Cooked breakfast at the pool it was! So we dumped our stuff, checked out, checked the board to see when our coach was coming. It picked us up an hour and a quarter from now so we went to have some breakfast first. We didn't miss the coach or anything so that was okay but when we got to the airport there was a one hour delay! The whole coach moaned. Nevermind, I was in a cheery mood, I was going home! And it could have been so much worse. Marnie was really annoyed because she didn't feel well and just wanted to get home. The queue for check-in took forever! But I danced and sung in the queue like a nutter, I was hyper lol.

Security is nothing like in the UK or USA, it was super quick and you can take liquids with you so we had a few hours to kill which was annoying because there were very little shops. We had lunch at burger king and tried to pass the time by playing a word association game. Eventually we got round to boarding the plane, as we walked through the tunnel thingy, Bex dared me to kiss the plane, people were already staring at us like weirdos because we were so excitable, so I said no. And yet again, she said "Alex would kiss the plane!" True, he would you know. Sorry to let the crazy side down...

The flight was okay and when we landed it ended up we were only 30 minutes-ish late! The pilot must have flown super fast or something! We had to meet the taxi man, sure enough he was waiting for us. He looked scary at first, quite old, clubby with a dark mustashe but he turned out to be very nice! When we were in the super posh car, Bex joked about "What in-flight entertainment would there be?" I said "well hopefully we won't be in-flight!!!". Bex said "Oh yeah, unless this is Chitty Chitty Bang Bang".
"Or the Deloreon" I replied. Bex didn't know what car I was talking about so I explained it was the back to the future car! (Which she hasn't seen, fool!). The Taxi driver said "Wow! A girl who knows about cars! If you know anything about football I'd marry you!" I laughed but said "Sorry I don't do football...". It was very funny. Marnie yet again mentioned how laddish I am, she'd said earlier in the holiday I was like a bloke because I missed my PS3 and have a very bloke-esque "I don't care" attitude. I'll take that as a compliment...

The taxi guy dropped us all off, he really was a lovely chap. I stood outside my house in the light rain (a welcome home Laura, love Britain) and rung the doorbell...my mum answered and gave me a big hug and I hugged Ollie so much, I'd missed my dog so much! And he was going nuts so he must have missed me. I say up until midnight with her telling her all about my holiday and that I had presents to give out tomorrow when Sami comes home from school. My mum eventually went to bed and I waited up for dad so I could tell him a few things and give him a hug before I went to bed.

So all in all, a fantastic holiday. It was a shame Marnie was ill, she's going to the doctors soon, not sure what exactly is wrong with her but I don't think it's serious. I still think she had a good time in the end though, we kept busy everyday and we did so much more than just get drunk. We would have liked to have done more watersports if we could have afforded it but I'm sure we can do an adventure style holiday one day. I found going on holiday with Marnie differcult at times because of the way she is but me and Bex are very simular so we just end up making each other laugh. She's super relaxed like me, whereas Marn stresses alot. 3 people is always awkward too because at time I think we were leaving Marnie out, not on purpose, she just doesn't have the same humour as me and Bex. Plus if people want to split up, they can't, we are all forced to stick together which can be annoying at times. But still, I'm glad we went and it's lovely to come back and realise how much you were missed. It makes a girl feel loved, it makes going away all that more worth while. Love you all <3

No comments:

Post a Comment