Thursday 16 July 2009

Day 7-The final full day

This was the last day that we'd have a full day of being in Tenerife as we were leaving tomorrow. It's funny, we started to reflect on the people we missed most (and the animals we missed!), we also realised the whole holiday hadn't felt weird. Here we were in a foreign country, without our parents for the first time and we'd waited for a weird feeling to settle in but, for me and Bex at least, it never did. Even being at the airport felt so right. Independance is a great thing eh!

Anyway, today was shopping day, funnily enough I was more eager to go shopping than Marn! Oh how the tables had turned! I love buying presents for people, I only brought some for my family. I got a monkey with a funny hat and tenerife t-shirt for my dad haha! Because I knew he'd find it funny. I brought my mum a really beautiful bracelet, she seemed to like it alot. I got my sister a diddle photo album (Diddle is a mouse) and a travel alarm clock because I know she likes cute pink stuff. I wanted to get her a Hello Kitty but the Hello Kitty shop was very expensive, I wanted to get her a brown hello kitty as I'd never seen one before! I think it was meant to be Spanish Hello Kitty! It made me laugh as I wasn't sure if it was being politically correct or just plain racist, it was cute nonetheless, just expensive.
I also brought myself a couple of bargains, I got a pinky-purplish skirt that has a big bow you can tie up on the side. It's so pretty and was only 8euros! Bargain! I have nothing to wear with it though, so I need to buy a new top...I also got some really funky shoes, they're bright green and a silky kind of material, they are SO cool. You could get them in every colour but I thought green was nice and unusual for shoes and they were only 15euros! Bargain hunter girl strikes again!

As it was the last night, after a very long, hard day of shopping we decided to go out to eat somewhere really nice tonight. We set off down Veronica Strip and found an Italian style pizza place, me and Marnie shared a gorgeous pizza and then I had a chocolate pudding which was yummy! Then we decided to check out The Anchor which was a couple of doors down. We were given a leaflet for it the other day, we saw it did cheap cocktails and I'd been gagging for one all holiday, plus they had entertainment in there. We went in, shared a litre of cocktail which came with a funky little sparkler! And we watched some very good/bad people sing kareoke (sp?). One woman came on with her little girl who seemed to be only 3 or 4 years old. She was adorable. She sung "Video killed the radio star" in her little high pitched voice with her mum, it was the cutest thing I'd ever heard.

We left at 12:30 and drunkly stubbled home singing a variety of songs for some strange reason. We had to be quiet when we got back to the hotel. Marn basically went straight to bed but me and Bex were really hyper. She kept doing her hilarious impression of Frodo from Lord of the Rings which cracks me up everytime, the other day she was pretending to be Harry potter, she makes me laugh so much. I freaked Marn and Bex out with my golum impression hehe. Anywho, me and Bex were pissing around, prentending to be secret agents and sneaking around on our balcony MGS style. Bex wanted to play manhunt but I said one, there's only two of us and two, we'd get in trouble because our hotel is stupid. Bex joked "Alex would play manhunt if he was here!". Alex became the joke of the holiday, God knows how! We did get a knock at the door at one point but no call from reception, none the less we calmed down and eventually went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment