Friday 30 October 2009

Tuesday

Lewis, Matt and I were gaming until late again last night. Matt was falling asleep on my bed while I watched Lewis play Super Mario Sunshine. It was fun at first, he decided to play it in German for a laugh and he started speaking in a kinky German voice which was hilarious. But then he came to be this one little bit he couldn’t do, a tricky race which caused him so much rage. He’d informed us all before that he’d smashed controllers, laptops, TVs all because he got too angry at a game and when he gets angry, it’s quite scary. You can’t tell him to calm down. It doesn’t make a difference and I just sat there and prayed he wouldn’t go mental. He threw his controller on the floor a couple of times in frustration then eventually turned the console off before he broke something. He left hastily with Matt at about 3am. I was glad but also a little sad as it has brought the mood down.

I got up at 11 the next day, feeling okay but my back ached a little. I guessed it was from sleeping badly and just got on with my day. I felt fine all day. After my lecture I went down to the library. I had to phone the I.T desk because only they can fix my internet. Typical. So the library help desk let me use their phone, now I just have to wait for the I.T people to phone me so I can book in a time with them I guess. Hope they come soon as I’m dying without the internet!

Even though the library was heaving with people I managed to find a computer in the group study section. I started the write my news article. The lady from Ubisoft with orange hair, Korina, had gotten back to me! She’d given me quotes from a JVC spokesman and someone from Ubisoft. It was such a massive help. I don’t think I could thank her enough. I could only write 250 words maximum though which I always find really hard. I changed the order and contents of my story so many times as I sat at the computer getting irritated with my story over and over again. Eventually I was pretty happy with it and it was 250 words or just a little over. Then I had to write 100 words on how I got the story, that was the easy part. When I spoke to my lecturer yesterday about my story he thought I might even be able to sell it! Ha! I wish. Next I had to send off an electronic copy which is sent through a system that can check whether you’ve plagiarised something or not. It’s a very clever yet scary system. Once that was done I printed out the “hard copy” and then realised I couldn’t hand it in because I’d forgotten to take Korina’s business card with me this morning. Fail. So I took the hard copy home with me and decided I would give it in early the next day.

When I got home I was hungry so I made a bacon sandwich, got back into my room and realised I’d missed a call from Lewis and breathed a sigh of relief that it wasn’t the I.T guys I had missed. I text him saying I was home and he could now come over if he wanted. He and Matt came over (after unsuccessfully trying to hide from me round the corner of the building) and Lewis jumped straight on the Wii to play a retro Zelda game. Matt sat and watched. I realised as soon as I sat down I felt awful. Alex has recently mentioned he’s ill and later on I saw on facebook Holly, Iain and Jen were also feeling under the weather. Great. So we’ve all caught something from each other! Fun times. So now I feel like absolute crap. My throat hurts and I feel achy all over. My body seems to go from hot to cold frequently too. I’m seeing my parents tomorrow, I can’t wait but I really hope I feel better by then! It will be good to see them and my sister and of course get a free meal out of them! Plus they are bringing some stuff I hope. I also can’t wait to tell them about MCM and show them the few pictures I have from Alex. Jen hasn’t uploaded any yet, only a video of the Alien and Marines on lego rock band which was very bizarre but awesome.
I’m not going to be able to read this boring Hemingway book by tomorrow, I’m only half way through and it needs to be read by tomorrow…oh well. Who cares. It’s only memoirs so it’s not as if it has a real story to it.

3 comments:

  1. If you can sell the story, why not? It's worth a try, and would give you some work experience before you even have the degree :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm I just have no idea how to go about it, or if it's worth selling, I guess my lecturer will tell me when he's marked it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lecturer should give you the advice on selling a freelance story and who to sell it to :)

    ReplyDelete