Saturday 3 October 2009

9

Yesterday, the highlight of my day was seeing "9". Basically, at the freshers fayre we saw we could see 9 a month before anyone else in the UK and it was absolutly free! Win! So me, Matt, Lewis and Ellie signed up to it. Lewis couldn't come in the end because he was seeing Emily, his girlfriend but the others came. It was a fairly good film. I would advise anyone to rush out and see it but it was an interesting plot. Basically, humans and machines had a war and all the humans die (hence why this is the first computer animation to be given a PG13 rating in the US!). A scientist creates these 9 little creatures, who look like Sackboys a lot, for some unknown reason (you find out the reason later on, kinda, but I won't give the plot away). It's a short film, only 79 minutes so the story moves at a rapid place which isn't necessarily a good thing as I felt you don't have time to connect with the characters so you don't really feel much sypathy for them. The animation however was beautiful and the cinema had incrediable surround sound, I jumped at one part at the beguinning! The film is produced by Tim Burton, not directed but you can still see his influence in there. It's not as good as any of his films though, not in the slightest. Matt gave the film a rating of "meh", it was good to see for free but I don't think I would have like to have paid to see it...

No comments:

Post a Comment