Tuesday 6 October 2009

2am gaming...again!

I only had one lecture yesterday at 9am. Getting up was not fun. I was knackered. It was a rainy day. I looked a mess. So after the lecture (which was pretty enjoyable) I had a shower and got myself dry and warm, felt a lot better so I thought I'd better get on with some homework. There was a short story I had to read. I didn't like it, there was no real point to it and the story was too crytic, nothing is obvious. Now I know you don't want things to be too obvious but you don't want the complete opposite either! Sigh. Anyway I had to answer questions on it but because I didn't get the story I didn't really know how to answer the questions! So I called Matt for help who was basically no help at all! He came round and we brainstormed a few things and wrote them down. I'm sure it will only be a class discussion and our class is 150 odd people so they're not exactly going to mark everyones work!

After the brainstorming he left to do some other work and I had other work to get on with too. Creative writing seem to like lists at the moment. For homework I got a list of lists and had to choose one topic then write a list. I chose "what's inside my body" now I put obvious things like different organs, bones, blood, etc. But I also put things like "soul" and even "saliva" (not sure where that came from but hey!). Pretty simple task. Then we had to chose one word from the list and write a paragragh on it. See this is what I love about creative writing, it's total freedom as to what you write! So I had some sort of deep discussion as to whether we have a soul or not. Well it wasn't that deep really but I tried. Then we had to take every word in the list and make a poem out of it! Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but my poem was complete rubbish.

The next task was to pick the start of a sentence and then just continue writing for as logn as we could. I don't think I wrote enough but oh well, it's very personal so hopefully the teacher will like it. After that had all been done I bummed around on the computer, made dinner, people came round to play games and we continued playing (me, Lewis and Matt) until 2:30am. Hot damn I was tired by then! 99 match with level 9 computers on Super Smash Brawl. Mental. By the end of it you just want to die! But we did it, we pwned the computer...thank god...

No comments:

Post a Comment