Saturday 17 October 2009

The imaginarium of doctor parnassus


Yesterday evening, Tom, Ellie's boyfriend turned up, he seems nice but he is very shy! Ellie did mention before that he is shy before he gets to know people but wow I didn't expect him to be so quiet. Then Emily and Lewis turned up, Matt was already here with me. Lewis was going to make korma for me, Matt, Emily and himself tonight, yay! So Lewis got cooking with a little help from me and Emily. I really like Emily, she's such a lovely girl! Ellie and Tom had their own dinner and then spent the evening alone together. Chicken korma was yummy.

Matt said he was going to the cinema with Bobby to see Up in 3D and asked whether we wanted to come along. I couldn't, would have been too expensive. Emily and Lewis thought about going along though so they went off together and said that they'd come see me later. So I hung about in my room for a little bit then Matt and the others turned up at my door again! I asked why and they said Up in 3D was too expensive, £10.85 to see it!!! So they were going to see a different film at 11:30. I asked what film and it was the imaginarium of doctor parnassus. I said I really wanted to see that film so they said "come along!" so I did. We played some Mario Kart until the time came to walk to the cinema. Emily was meant to be good at Mario Kart but had gotten rusty! Still, was good fun.

I loved the film. Heath Ledgers last, uncompleted film yet it still works. When Heath Ledger IS in it, he's incredible. He's funny and it's a shame such a talented actor has died. Luckily, they seemed to have filmed all the scenes he needed to be in; outside of "the mirror", the mirror is the portal to Doctor Parnassus' imagination. Either that or they have cut it appropriately. Every time Tony goes into the mirror, he changes his face. This is done very well and in fact makes the film better! Lewis thought Johnny Depp stole the show and I agree, as always, he was amazing even though he only had a short appearance. The plot of the film is very hard to explain and many parts don't make complete sense. After you've seen the film there's a million and one questions you could ask "What did that mean?" etc. But this is a film of morals. In life we have to make choices every single day. Life is not a straight path and our lives can change according to whether we make the wrong or right choices. That's what's this film is about essentially. But I would seriously recommend this film to everyone. It's an incredible film. Terry Gilliam has done it again, the mans imagination is beautiful and unique. It's nice to see a British film with flair, something different from all those other Hollywood blockbusters currently out in the cinemas.

Currently listening to: Within Temptation-the heart of everything
"Very soon I'll embrace you on the other side."

2 comments:

  1. Been wanting to see that, if it's worth going for then we shall :) highly reccommend Zombieland too though ;)

    ReplyDelete