Monday 19 October 2009

Cheered up

Saturday night, as you will recall, I was complaining about being bored and rather lonely. Well to my surprise, Lewis turned up at 11:30. I asked why he was here, I though he was staying with Emily in Guildford. He explained that there were no trains on a sunday to get back to Kingston! Fail! So him and Emily ended up going to pizza hut before she hopped on the train back to Guildford so he thought he'd come over here for a bit. I say a bit, but he was here until 4am!

We played Super Smash bros, Zelda and then the most hardcore match of Mario Kart ever. 32 races, frantic items, mirror mode with hard CPU. Oh yeah! Went on for ages but all the way through he was cheering me up so much. I was laughing so hard as he made light of a situation that has been annoying me/upsetting me recently. He was also commenting on the fact that I was really easy to make friends with because I was such a nice person and he was so glad he'd found friends like me, matt, ellie and rach. Aww! It's good to know I'm easy to make friends with, I do try. I obviously feel the same as I have said on this blog before I am sure. I'm really lucky to have met people like this and to have a nice balance of guys and girls as I know what it's like just having female friends at home. So yes, he made me laugh lots and cheered me up by making fun of someone. Hehe. Unfortuantly his glands had swollen up so he was stuck in this grizzly sort of deep voice, he was losing his voice! His version of freshers flu I guess, or most likely, Emilys' version of it! He was in so much pain bless him but we were both so awake we stayed up until 4 then he headed home and I went straight to bed.

The next day I was awoken at 9:15 or thereabouts by Alex, phoning me before he went to work. I had a sleepy conversation with him, telling him about last night before I went back to sleep until about 12. I decided I had to get up, had some breakfast, said hi to Tom and Ellie. Discovered the internet wasn't working. Great. Ellie's wasn't working either and I later found out the whole of Middle Mill had no internet at all! Not even reception! Everyone was somewhat annoyed and mass panic ensued. I asked Matt if he wanted to go to ASDA with me and so we wnet to ASDA for a bit. Silly guy said he only needed a couple of things yet he ended up spending more money than me! I brought a lot of junk food (oops) you know, cookies and those sort of things. I really need more vegetables in my life...

When I got back I got a phonecall from Lewis asking if he could steal my internet for W.O.W. I said mine was out too, the entire halls area was. He was surprised and annoying but said he'd come over anyway. So we played some Zelda together (we're on a very annoying dungeon at the moment, hate it!) and I got a text from Matt asking if we wanted to play some Mario Kart for an hour. I said yes so he came over and we played it until he had to leave to go to F block. He was leaving to help make sunday roast with Alex. He was rather rubbing it in about the fact he was going to have roast dinner "with eye-candy". Lewis made fun of the fact that was the only reason he was going over there, for Alex. Matt lied, badly and left. I said to Lewis I was going to put the dinner on because I was starving and I was having chicken which would take a while to cook. He asked what I was making and I said BBQ chicken. He thought that sounded good and didn't know what to do for dinner so he suggested bringing over some pasta and we could make a meal of it. I agreed to it so he left to get some cooking untensils and pasta.

I spoke to Ellie for a bit in the kitchen while waiting for Lewis who took an age. Tom had gone home now but she seemed much happier for seeing him. When Lewis came back I started cooking the chicken, cutting it up into small pieces, putting it in a bowl then covering it in BBQ maranade then stirring it round so it was all coated. Yum! I didn't have much chicken but oh well. While we were waiting for it to cook, Lewis brought round his CD player and put on Michael Buble (eugh) and he was singing along to it. After 20 mins I took the chicken out and put more BBQ sauce on it and Lewis salivated over it, not literally of course. I put it back in the oven and waited another 20 mins. After it was done Lewis cooked the pasta and I thought it was going to be a bit dry without sauce. So I suggested that we also coat the pasta in the BBQ maranade. Lewis said okay so I did so. Not too heavily but enough to give the pasta colour. It looked really good. Lewis grated cheese ontop and we ate it. Oh my goodness it was so good! I was really surprised how nice it was! A very creative meal, well kind of, turned out very successfully!

After we'd stuffed ourselves, we played some more Mario Kart with Ellie before I got a text from Matt saying they were going to a student pub with "Alex and co.". Lewis had also mentioned earlier they were all watching Alex play guitar. Dear lord, why are people treating him like some sort of God?! I had an image in my head of a group of girls (and Matt) sat on the floor, looking up at Alex play in awe. Dear oh dear. We thought we'd be sociable and go so we got ready. I then got a call from Matt saying there was a change of plan, Alex and his diciples (as I called them) were going to a club instead I think? Anyway Matt and Rach were at the local student pub instead so we went there. We hung out there for a little while, making fun of Matts' crush and making various sexual referance, as usual! Lewis has a new phrase: "Image FTW!". You can guess when that's used. It was used the night before too! Funny times. My new friends make me laugh so much, not a difficult thing I know but still. I am happy.

Currently listening to: Lily Allen-Not fair
"It's not fair and I think you're really mean, I think you're really mean, I think you're really mean. Oh you're supposed to care but you never make me scream, you never make me scream."
(Lily Allen is a very silly woman, and this is a silly song but damn it's catchy!).

No comments:

Post a Comment