Thursday 8 October 2009

Matt cooks (but not really)


On Wednesday we were all looking forward to Matt cooking us all a nice chicken korma. Now I'm not a big curry fan but free food and something a bit different appealed to me so I was in. I hadn't really had a good day before I got there, I had an itchy head recently and I thought it might be because I wasn't showering long enough to get the soap out of my hair. I combed with a fine toothed comb and found I had in fact had head lice. They've come from my little sister who found she had some before I left for uni. I'm annoying I didn't think to check my hair there and then to make sure. And finding out you've got something like that is not nice and kind of brings you down because it's an effort to buy stuff then wash everything your head touches just to make sure you get rid of them all. Sigh. Not something I really need at uni.

Anyway we went round to Matt's and he really did not know how to cook anything. Ellie and Rachel practically did it for him! Bless. Still it was a nice gesture and it tasted good plus we had cheesecake for pudding. Mmm! Despite this lovely meal and company I felt a bit down. We played poker and Lewis noticed something was up, I just said I was tired and it's true, I was. Afterwards I thought about heading back early but Ellie was going to Rachel's' kitchen so I thought I'd be sociable and go with them. I'd only have ended up on the laptop anyway. We chatted about a few things but I was still feeling down. Me and Ellie left at about 10, Ellie asked what was up on the way home and I explained that I didn't know what was wrong. The problem with being a woman is when you feel down you don't know whether to ignore it because it's just hormones or whether there is actually something upsetting you. It's a very weird feeling, not knowing what's wrong. I hate it.

I was knackered. Went to bed fairly early but suddenly when I got into bed I felt awake. What the fuck?! Then people outside were screaming. I was getting so annoying that I was tired yet couldn't sleep. It's getting ridiculous. I swear I'm going to go crazy one of these days and end up throwing shoes out the window to get people to shut up because the security guards often do fuck all.

Oh and in my Creative Writing lecture that day we were asked to write a bit about a toy we had when we were 10. I couldn't think of much so I wrote about getting a PS1. Then we had to give that item to a fictional character and write about it so I gave it too an angry, unappreciative boy. Ha! Was quite funny. Though one guy in my seminar read out his and it was about Star Wars action figures and it was amazing. Truly amazing writing. It gets you down when you read something like that, the realisation most people are better than you. But hey, that's going to happen throughout life. Best get over it now.

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling exactly Minxy, best cure is hot bath or shower, a big mug of hot chocolate. a chocolate bar and a good night's sleep. If that doesn't help then it may be a deeper problem making you feel bad even if you're not consciously aware of it, in which case try having a good old fashioned rant about anything that's stressing you out, no matter how small, even the little things can build to something bigger sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete