Friday 2 October 2009

Sleep-over!

It's getting more and more difficult to keep a blog at uni I realise. I must crack on with some reading tonight instead of having gaming sleepovers!

I realise I missed out Wednesdays blog not much happened except one little thing in the evening. Now you know what they say about student halls, people are always setting off fire alarms. Well it turns out as Lewis and Matt were round mine gaming we heard a fire alarm go off. We didn't think much of it until we realised it was Matt's flat, the one next door. So we ran downstairs, Ellie following, calling after me as she had no idea what was happening. We got outside and realised it was the top floor that was on fire, we could smell smoke but we couldn't actually see any flames which is always a good sign. The top floor kitchen was on fire we learnt off people who actually lived in that flat, it was the floor above Matt, phew! Everyone was outside and fine and there was a guy acting as security, standing in front of the door so no one could get it, shouting at us to get back. I suggested we got out of there before the fire engines arrived, we went back upstairs and continued playing games, we looked out the window again to see not one but two fire engines. Was that really necessary?! It was quite scary really. A little part of me got freaked out. I'd hate that to happen to me. Luckily it was only in the kitchen and the fire door stopped it from spreading. But the people who lived on that floor have to move out for the time being until they repair the kitchen.

So yesterday, was a very bad day for me. I was 9 to 5, without breaks none stop boring lectures all day. If that wasn't enough, in the morning I lost my keys. I panicked. You have to pay £100 if you lose them. I knew it wasn't my fault because I remembered giving them to Lewis last so he could let the others in the other night. I text Lewis asking where he'd put them. No reply. I caught Ellie in the doorway as I was heading out to uni, I told her the problem and she said she'd let me in later when I came home from uni. I thanked her and rushed out the door, I trusted John and Ellie not to nick anything (I couldn't lock my door) so I left and walked to uni with Matt. The first lecture was the first, I don't like the teacher and he was droning on and on and I thought I was going to die from boredom. Thank fuck it was only an hour long! The other lectures weren't bad. But some were quite boring and dragged on a bit. I enjoyed the creative writing one though, we got told how to tell a good story. One of the point the teacher made was to never use adverbs, which is harder than you think. For example, don't say "He walked silently down the hallway" instead show how he's walking, i.e "He tiptoed down the hallway". Don't say someone is in love, show they're in love by the way they act or what they say, it's much more effective. Her main point was to SHOW not tell the reader. It was a great piece of advice. It's going to be hard to do but I'm sure I'll get myself into the habit.

I hadn't had any lunch that day. I walked home, starving but not as hungry as I should have felt. I buzzed the door, Lewis let me in, Ellie had my keys all along! D'oh! She said she'd locked my room for me and gave me back my keys. I was so relieved. The first thing I did was cook a big meal of pasta but even that didn't satisfy me. Lewis went home to decide what to have for dinner, leaving me and Ellie to sit at the table together, fantasising about pudding. We really fancied pudding! We're going to try and find an ASDA on Sunday because they sell loads of things for just a quid so we could easily split a pudding! God I miss stuff like that! Lewis brought round Roses the other night and oh my God were they good! Need to find ASDA!!!!

Later on that night, Lewis came over, followed by Matt, Ellie had work to do so she remained in her room. So us three just played games all night then Lewis decided they should sleep over, so sure enough they got all their stuff and brought it back here and we had a sleepover! We eventually got to sleep some time around 2. Lewis and Matt said the floor was very uncomfortable and spiky. Oh dear haha. Matt and Lewis found out, weirdly, that their birthdays are on the exact same day on the exact same year. Pretty freaky stuff! Talk about fate eh?

Currently listening to: Enrique Inglesias-Do you know?
"Do you know what it feels like loving someone who's in a rush to throw you away? Do you know what it feels like to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?"

No comments:

Post a Comment