Friday 30 October 2009

Seeing the 'rents.

On wednesday I was feeling so much better (thank God)when my parents came to see me. When I came back from Uni after my lunch break I got a call from my mum and then the I.T guy saying if he could come round now to fix my internet. I said it was fine as my parents would still be here when I went back to Uni after lunch. So I went down to reception to meet my parents, hugged my mum, it was obvious she'd missed me a lot. My dad said "Hell stranger" and hugged me tight, as he was crushing me I pointed out I had to go and let the I.T guy in who was waiting patiently. He was very friendly, spoke to my mum and dad and asked how they were. I let him set up his stuff in my room. He changed my dodgy port but he said that wasn't the problem. Bugger. It was a problem their end so it didn't get fixed that day...

I said bye to my family and went back to Uni, I'd meet them an hour later down the shops. We got doughnuts from Krispy Kreme and I couldn't stop banging on about MCM and what I'd been up to. Though my parents were interested as they kept asking questions and after certain friends. I felt like I was chatting too much but there was so much to tell them and they were listening so at least I wasn't boring them, I hope. We looked around the shops then asked me where I'd like to eat. I said I wanted to try TGI fridays because I'd never been there and Ellie had gone with her boyfriend and said it was really good. None of us had been there before so we gave it a go. The burgers and milkshakes were lovely I was totally stuffed for the rest of the night! I found it rather funny that each of us had a different milkshake flavour, so basically we tried every flavour!

After our stomachs were fit to burst we walked to Sainsburys and my mum bought me a fair amount of food. Always good to get £20 worth of food for nought! It was really nice of them actually. We walked home and sorted out the food when we got back. I was sad to find my internet wasn't working but I wasn't really that surprised. I showed my parents the few photos I have of MCM and then they had to leave to get back to the dog. I was kind of sad, it felt like they hadn't been here all that long and to be honest, they hadn't. I hate seeing people for such short spaces of time! Yet I suppose it's far better than not seeing them at all...

So everyone hugged me goodbye a bajillion times and I got a text from Matt asking if he could come round. So after my parents drove away I buzzed his door and waited for him. We played some games, had some laughs, as I recall I was so tired at one point I let the boys continue playing Zelda but I got in to my PJs and just laid in bed! I didn't mind and I closed my eyes and got some rest but never really fell asleep as I kept hearing them say "I think she's asleep!" like they had some sort of evil plan or something! Probably just wanted to draw on my face. Oh and Matt replicated Lewis' trick of hiding under my bed secretly. I was too tired to even notice or care, ahh we are all so childish!

Going to be 19 in about 21 days time! And I have no idea what I want to do for my birthday :(. Marn wanted to stay over that weekend but to be honest I don't really want her too. Plus my parents are coming on the sunday which will be nice! My Uni friends keep asking me what I want to do but I really don't know! And Lewis won't even be here because he's going on a Film trip. I'm a bit gutted about that but hey, it can't be helped. Just wish I could have a good birthday but I'm not sure if I will or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment