Tuesday 30 March 2010

The parents return

So today my parents returned after I'd been spending the past few days running the house by myself. It wasn't as bad as I thought actually, I thought I'd get bored but I managed to keep myself entertained and not get any work done, typically. Plus I had crazy Alex texting me late last night about a female duck called Percy eating Matt's cock but Matt had no choice because Gerimima (the man duck) held them at gunpoint. Yeah...that man is insane but I love him. I knew Alex was staying over at Matt's with Rob so I was awoken in bed at 2:30am by texts from Alex. He was drunk and was telling me what they were all up to. Of course after a couple of texts he THEN asked me if I was awake! So I sarcastically responded "No, I'm replying to your texts in my sleep". His response? "Wow." He makes me laugh the crazy fool. So his texts kept me awake but entertained for an hour or so, I lost track of time.

Luckily the dog didn't wake me up this morning and I was able to sleep in. After I took him for his walk I had breakfast and tided up before sitting down and playing COD. When my parents returned my dad expressed how I sounded on the phone when he had rang the other day. Basically, I wasn't acting as if I'd missed them. But why would I? I'm not a child anymore, I don't live at home much anymore so I am used to being at home. I explained that it was exactly like being at uni except this time I had to run a house, look after a dog and my sister. Apart from that it was the same. When my sister came home she did this over the top "I missed you" greeting to my parents and my dad joked "see why didn't you react like that?". Seriously? Grow up.

My mum says that when I'm at uni it's like I'm on a long holiday but to me of course it's completely different. I don't know how I feel because being both here and at uni feels normal, neither feels like a holiday. Confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment