Sunday 7 March 2010

The girls

Well this weekend I had the pleasure of Marnie and Yaz staying over. Now beforehand I was complaining about the fact they were coming. Mainly because Marnie drives me up the wall (Yaz is fine) and I'm fed up with being lectured about my life every 5 minutes. But when it came to the actual day of coming round, I was a bit excited about seeing them and showing them my life. Though I was gutted 50% of my friends weren't here this weekend, that would have made it more fun. They arrived some time past 4, I walked to the station to meet them. Marnie kept saying how she felt weird being somewhere new, she needs to get out more I think! We walked home and I showed them around my flat and nice big room. They liked it but Marnie was saying how she doesn't want to go to uni though. I think she's just scared and I was trying to convince her that it was fine and that I loved it here and I love the independance. It was annoying because she was complaining about missing Portsmouth even though she moans how bad it is all the time and how the hell can you miss your hometown after just a couple of hours?! I don't understand that girl most of the time.

Yaz and Marnie were both really tired after travelling about but we had to go out to get something to eat. They didn't want to eat out which I thought was a shame but it saves money I guess. So we went to Sainsbury's and got a frozen pizza each and a bottle of cider each too as they were on special offer. We got home and put on our pizzas whilst I took the rubbish out. I then got a text from Matt asking if he could come round. My mates really wanted to meet my friends so I invited him over. We ate our pizzas then drunk our cider. I drank mine a little too fast and me being a light-weight, I was pretty tipsy pretty fast. Much giggling followed. Especially when Alex decided to ring me and was taking the mick out of me for being a little drunk. I was laughing, a lot. Good times.

Soon after we all decided to go out to the local KU bar. I knew it was pretty quiet there but I didn't expect it to be empty! The bar staff weren't even behind the bar, they were sat on the sofas waiting for customers! I wish I had their job, dead easy or what. We all ordered our drinks and sat on the sofas. Then some rowdy guys came in but they didn't stay for long. Of course it was all MY fault that I'd taken the girls to somewhere quiet. Sigh. I felt very disheartened because even though I knew they were joking, they were complaining how there was no one around. To be honest I couldn't think of many bars that were in Kingston we could go to and pubs are full of older people or just plain dodgy where we are. I did warn them that if they came on a saturday it was going to be hard to find something to do because Student nights are during the week and the weekends are for older people who usually have to work during the week. They couldn't get that into their damn heads though and it even put Marnie off from Uni. Epic sigh. No matter how many times I explained there were tons of clubs and loads of events during the week she just didn't listen. Plus uni isn't just about going out you know, I don't go out very often (I don't know how I would afford to) but that doesn't make me boring or unsociable as I am quite the opposite or so I would like to think. Thank Christ I have interests other than getting drunk...

We then tried to move on to the other student bar but that wasn't even open! Which seemed bloody ridiculous. So we gave up and went home for a chat. Matt stayed until about 11 then left. Marnie and Yaz really liked him which was good and they were glad they got to meet "someone" as they put it. I guess because it's the weekend and not many people are here because they go home or go to visit people. But Marnie can't travel up during the week because of college which sucks. We went to bed pretty early as we were all shattered from the journey and the alcohol. I don't think any of us had a great night sleep. I don't know why I didn't sleep well, maybe it was the cider giving me odd dreams or something. Marn and Yaz didn't sleep too well because the floor was uncomfy and they both had colds, I hope I haven't caught theirs! I hope their journey was worth while, I tried to make it as best I could.

I got up and made them a cup of tea before they left, they didn't want anything to eat. As I walked out the door Marnie said "Laura you're so skinny!" I guessed she was refering to my bare legs which are rather skinny I guess. I found this amusing since last night she was complaining that being called skinny is horrible because she sees it as if being compared to a bag of bones. So, considering how she just contradicted herself (nothing new there) this made me laugh. Because putting what she said last night and what she had just said, I could have easily taken that to offense. But it's Marnie, she says stupid things and can come across as bitchy but she's really not. I know that much about her at least.

They got ready to get a bus to Surbiton then get the train home. Marnie took forever to get ready though and Yaz, who'd been ready for a while, was getting a bit annoyed as she didn't want to miss the bus or train. Marnie taking ages to get ready, nothing new there! Yaz always complains about it quietly to me whenever we're going out clubbing. Funny times. Never the less buses were running regualy and they got on one when we found the right bus station. They rushed on the bus without saying goodbye properly so they waved at me through the window and text me a couple of minutes later.

Since I was in town I decided to go to Accessorize and buy my mum a gift voucher for her birthday which is on Tuesday so I shall post her card early tomorrow before I go to Journalism. Must get her a card for mother's day next sunday too...

Currently listening to: Enrique Inglesias- Do you know? (The ping pong song)
"How can I love you, if you just don't talk to me babe?"

No comments:

Post a Comment